OHIO INJURY LAW FIRM’S NOTABLE VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
Law Offices of Mitchell J. Alter, LLC obtains results in personal injury cases
Columbus, Ohio personal injury attorney Mitchell J. Alter provides exceptional representation to injured plaintiffs in Ohio. Throughout the decades, he has successfully recovered high damage awards through strategic negotiations and assertive litigation.
Mitchell J. Alter
Attorney at Law
“My effectiveness stems from my commitment to my clients and my focus on integrity in my daily practice. My clients trust me to provide knowledgeable representation that achieves results.”
- $4.625 million settlement for wrongful death of mother and adult son in collision with a commercial truck (Clark County)
Motor Vehicle Accidents
- $95,000 settlement for moped operator struck by vehicle that failed to yield right of way.
- $335,000 settlement for injured woman in vehicular collision with severe ankle fracture. (Franklin County)
- $100,000 settlement of policy limits for man injured in vehicular collision with spinal fractures requiring surgery.
- $90,000 settlement for woman injured in a vehicular collision sustaining a shoulder injury that required surgery.
- $150,000 settlement for man injured in two vehicular collisions occurring one after the next and sustained multiple rib fractures and angle fractures requiring surgery.
- $250,000 settlement for policy limits for woman injured while shopping in a store when a vehicle operator traveled off the roadway and crashed into the building pinning the victim underneath the car.
- $300,000 settlement of policy limits for 54 year old man struck by a distracted driver while he was operating his riding mower
- $272,000 settlement for young woman riding as a passenger in a motor vehicle who sustained a spiral fracture to her dominant arm requiring surgery
- $250,000 settlement for minor struck as a pedestrian by a hit-skip motorist sustaining multiple pelvic fractures and femur fracture
- $190,000 settlement for Chase Bank employee for injuries sustained as a passenger that required cervical surgery at C5-6.
- $390,000 settlement for injuries sustained by a passenger in a motor vehicle accident (Delaware County)
- $1.8 million settlement for amputation injury of motorcyclist in collision with a commercial truck (Franklin County)
Burns, explosions and fires
- $1.85 million settlement for severe burn injury resulting from collision with a commercial truck (Gallia County)
- $1.5 million settlement for motor vehicle accident resulting in traumatic brain injury and coma (Kenton, Ky.)
- $1.55 million settlement for motor vehicle accident resulting in traumatic brain injury and coma (Montgomery County)
Workplace accidents and OSHA investigations
- $1.1 million settlement for asphalt company employee involved in an explosion at plant with suit for intentional tort against employer (Gallia County)
Defective surgical implants
- Amounts confidential for multiple defective surgical hip implants requiring re-implantation (Franklin County)
- $315,000 settlement for injuries associated with negligent supervision of camper at Buckeye Boy’s ranch (Franklin County)
- $1.2 million settlement for wrongful death associated with failure of an automotive jack stand (Ashtabula County)
- $525,000 settlement for injuries associated with defective automotive design (Franklin County)
- $315,000 verdict for insurance company’s failure to pay homeowner’s fire claim (Franklin County)
ERISA subrogation disputes
- $130,000 savings to client for compromised health insurer’s subrogated claim (Franklin County)
- $150,000 settlement with life insurer regarding failure to pay claim (Franklin County)
- $275,000 settlement for injuries associated with houseboat recall for electrical wiring defects (Somerset, Ky.)
Truck/Tractor Trailer Accidents
- $4.585 million settlement for a minors injuries claim against a trucking company as sole counsel. (Franklin County)
- $1.1 million settlement for an injured USPS employee struck by a tractor trailer. (Franklin County)
- $90,000 settlement for a mechanic injured in accident with tractor trailer. (Gallia County)
PERSONAL INJURY NEWS
PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES CONSPIRE
According to a lawsuit brought by the Attorneys General of 36 states across the country, three pharmaceutical companies – Reckitt Benkiser, Indivior, and MonoSol RX – have been engaging in a conspiracy to change the form of Suboxone from a tablet to a type of film...
ANOTHER DEFECTIVE HIP RECALL FROM STRYKER MEDICAL
First, it was Stryker Medical’s Accolade TMZF Plus Hip Stem, which was recalled in 2011 because of a problem due to employee error. This was followed in 2012 by the Rejuvenate and ABG II Femoral Stems, which were prone to failure and were responsible for metal...
Manufacturers of defective products that have injured or killed others that have settled claims often require that a confidentiality agreement be a term of settlement. These agreements forbid disclosure of the settlement and also prevent consumers from learning about...