MY FOCUS IS MY CLIENTS' SUCCESS
Mitchell J. Alter
Attorney at Law
LAW OFFICES OF MITCHELL J. ALTER, LLC
Advocating for the rights of injured people throughout Ohio since 1981
Columbus personal injury lawyer Mitchell J. Alter has been fighting for the rights of victims of personal injury and medical malpractice for over 35 years. With an indisputable track record of multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts, this personal injury law firm has cemented it’s place among the finest personal injury and medical malpractice firms in Ohio.
“I strategically negotiate just settlements if in your best interest to do so. If opposing parties refuse to negotiate a fair agreement, I will fight as an aggressive litigator for a rightful verdict at trial. My firm is located in Columbus, Ohio, and represents clients throughout the state, primarily in central Ohio. My reputation is for aggressive and tenacious representation with high legal professionalism. I have never represented insurance companies or work for defense firms that focus on passing laws restricting victims’ rights.”
Call locally at 614.224.8160 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.
Areas of practice
- Personal Injury – General Plaintiff (100%) and Litigation
Practice Focus Areas: Brain Injury, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury – Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Ohio, 1981
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1993
- The Ohio State University College of Law, Columbus, Ohio, J.D., 1981
- Oberlin College, Oberlin, Ohio, B.A., 1977
- With Honors
- Phi Beta Kappa Honorary Society
Honors and awards
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Ohio House of Representatives Commendation
- Who’s Who Business First for Personal Injury
- Columbus Bar Foundation Fellow
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Top peer review rating by peers with AV Preeminent Rating Martindale-Hubbell.
Selected to Super Lawyers:
- 2013 Ohio Super Lawyer
- 2014 Ohio Super Lawyer
- 2016 Ohio Super Lawyer
Professional associations and memberships
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Association for Justice
PERSONAL INJURY NEWS
PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES CONSPIRE
According to a lawsuit brought by the Attorneys General of 36 states across the country, three pharmaceutical companies – Reckitt Benkiser, Indivior, and MonoSol RX – have been engaging in a conspiracy to change the form of Suboxone from a tablet to a type of film...
ANOTHER DEFECTIVE HIP RECALL FROM STRYKER MEDICAL
First, it was Stryker Medical’s Accolade TMZF Plus Hip Stem, which was recalled in 2011 because of a problem due to employee error. This was followed in 2012 by the Rejuvenate and ABG II Femoral Stems, which were prone to failure and were responsible for metal...
Manufacturers of defective products that have injured or killed others that have settled claims often require that a confidentiality agreement be a term of settlement. These agreements forbid disclosure of the settlement and also prevent consumers from learning about...